Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday Sweets... Butterfinger Cake

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! Tomorrow is Mother's Day so I am sure everyone has big plans to spend time with their mom. If you are needing a dessert to take to her house I would definitely recommend this butterfinger cake! I really have not met anyone that doesn't like this cake. It is super moist and a favorite of several of my friends. I noticed when I was looking online today that there are several different ways to make this cake, but I am going to share the way my family and I make it.

Butterfinger Cake
Makes a 9x13 size cake

1 box Devil's food cake mix
1 bottle caramel topping 
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tub cool whip
1 8pack of mini size butterfingers (you can always get more!)

Prepare the cake according to the mix directions. While the cake is in the oven, mix the sweetened condensed milk and caramel together in a small bowl. Also you can unwrap the butterfingers and put them in a bag and crumble them up. Immediately after removing the cake from the oven, make several hole in it with a fork. Slowly pour the caramel mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Now you will have to let the cake completely cool before going to the next step. Once the cake is cooled, spread the cool whip over the entire cake and then sprinkle the butterfingers on top. Now it is ready to eat!

This is what it looks like after it is made
This picture came from Southern Plate. 
I love reading Southern Plate's website and I found that her butterfinger recipe is the same as mine! Be sure to check out here website here so see more of her fabulous recipes!

Let me know if you make this cake or have made it in the past! I am also open to hearing what you think would make it better. 

Have a fabulous Mother's Day! :)

4 comments:

Ruth said...

it looks wonderful

LC said...

wow looks YUMMY!!!

Unknown said...

OMG! This looks fabulous. I cannot to try and make this. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Lauren H Edmondson said...

yummy! that looks absolutely divine. thanks for following!