Friday, January 18, 2013

Snowy January Day

Today in Alabama we experienced something very rare... SNOW!  
I know to some of you snow is nothing exciting, but rather a pain. Here, all the weather man has to do is mention the word snow and people go crazy! It has been quite a while since we have had a snow that actually stuck to the ground for more than 5 seconds. 
soo true! This pic was from our 2011 snow
Here are the same people today..
I thought this picture was too funny!! They ended up not getting any snow

I am not lying about Alabamians going cray cray over snow! For some reason we think we must have milk and bread if snow is coming. I am not sure why and I don't think they understand either, but it's something you just do. haha. This is a local grocery store right after the snow started coming down.. 
This is no lie. I am sure by closing tonight they were totally out of bread! 

I started out the day mad that every other school around us was getting delayed for school and we were still going at regular time. By 9:30am I was rejoicing along my students that we were getting out of school at 11:00. 

How did I spend my afternoon?
First, by going to get lunch with my mom and grandparents. By the time we left the restaurant the snow was really starting to come down. I rolled my window down to take quick picture of the snow that was falling and snow blew in the car really fast! 

During this time my brother was sending me pictures from the University of Alabama. He had taken Polo out to play in the snow! 
Isn't he the cutest?!

It snowed quite a bit in Tuscaloosa. Here is a look inside the UA football stadium.. 

Once I got home, I decided to catch up on some shows on the dvr.... well after the first 5 mins of Pretty Little Liars I fell asleep. After my nap, I went to spend time with the boyfriend. Later that night I found out we were delayed for school this morning by 3 hours! I love sleeping in so I was super excited!

And if you don't believe in our snow excitement check this video out.. So cute!
I had a very similar reaction when my high school juniors found out they were getting out of school early!

I bet you find humor in our snow excitement. I usually love making snow cream (snow, milk, sugar and vanilla extract) but I forgot to go get some today. Have any of you ever had snow cream? 
What is your favorite thing to do on snowy days? 

Oh, I tried the sock bun curls tonight. I will let you know if it worked out!
I hope you have a fantastic weekend! :)

5 comments:

Leyla [Thisdayilove] said...

Love snow days. Thanks for stopping by my blog and am following back

Thisdayilove

Heather said...

I loved our early dismissal and late start as well! Enjoy your 3 day weekend and short work week girlie!!

Heather said...

Oh the Southerners and snow! It gets the same way around here with people having to get their milk and break. But what I don't realize is why it's milk and break...I mean I can find better combo's than that!

MorgHarpNich.com said...

ha, i live in georgia so i can totally relate! we don't know how to handle the snow, it's hilarious!

well i'm a new follower and i've already gotten a good laugh out of your blog and can't wait for more! also, would love for you to come link up at the i ♥ my readers social media linky party! hope to see you :)

Ruth said...

I am jealous all we got was ice.