Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saturday Sweets... Puppy Chow

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday! Today on Saturday Sweets I am going to post a recipe I have been craving! The name of it sounds disgusting, but know it is very delicious: Puppy Chow. I have had this several times at friend's houses so I wasn't quite sure what the exact recipe was. I found this version of Puppy Chow from the website, gimme some oven

Puppy Chow
9 cups Chex cereal
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Put cereal into a mixing bowl and set aside.

In a large, microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered for 1 minute and then stir. Microwave about 30 seconds more or until the mixture is smooth then stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into a 2 gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.

Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well-coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.

There are many different recipes out there so find the one you like best! 

5 comments:

SKBPINKGREEN said...

OMG I LOVE this stuff! Don't think my waistline will like it much though!

Anonymous said...

all my favorite things rolled into one! love it! looks yummy.

Katie Did What said...

Thank you for your sweet comment!! :) I've had that stuff before (in like potlucks in school and whatnot) but have never heard it called Puppy Chow before! hehe totes doesn't sound appetizing, but it so is!

thegirlhassparke said...

Anything with peanut butter is sure to be delicious!

Jenna said...

Love puppy chow-- and so easy to make. I made some my freshman year of college and the girls on my floor had never heard of it-- it was definitely an instant hit and then a constant request :)